Looking for something simple yet beautiful to look at on your new tab page? I've got just the thing for you! Introducing CaretTab, a Google Chrome extension that will replace your new tab page.
This is CaretTab, a beautifully simplistic "New Tab" page replacement for Google Chrome.
CaretTab is an ongoing project, I will be adding new features periodically. If you have any feature suggestions I would love to hear about them! Send me a note on twitter @BlueCaret.
- Display time and date on new tab page.
- Digital/Analog clock options.
- Add 3 additional clocks with labels.
- Customizable timezones for all clocks.
- Search Google/Bing/Baidu and more from new tab page.
- Display up to six favorite links for quick access.
- Include a custom message on the page.
- Choose from a several different color themes or choose your own custom colors.
- Select your desired size.
- Choose from a handful of fonts.
- Customize everything! Toggle the time, seconds, time format, date, date format, search engine, 24 hour time, week numbers, tab title and more.
- Chrome Sync support. Keep your settings across all devices. (Requires storage permissions)
- More display scaling sizes. Make it even smaller or larger!
- Added GitHub as a search engine option.
- Added an additional Timezone for Central America.
- Fixed Atlantic Timezone setting.
- Fonts! Change the font for a different style.
- Scaling! Scale the size of the elements down or up.
- More brackets! Change the style of brackets.
- Analog! Choose between a digital and analog clock.
- Primary timezone! Select a timezone for the primary clock.
- Week Numbers! Show the week number below the date.
- Delimiter Options! Change the style of the date's delimiter.
- More search! Additional search engines available.
- Dimming! Lower opacity of additional elements.
- Themes! Additional color themes to choose from.
- Minimal! Hide the settings button for a minimal look.
- Restyled! An improved and updated settings panel.
- Responsive! Even more responsive at various window sizes.
- Efficient! Less CPU and Memory usage.
- Added Google Chrome Sync support
- Fixed bug where links without protocol (http://) wouldn't work - Contributions by 'ivankayzer!'
- Added option to customize Tab title text - Contributions by 'bil-elmoussaoui'
- Fixed text field selection bug
- Fixed color of close menu icon
- Added option to toggle meridiem
- Added 24 hour time option
- Added option to toggle time delimiter
- Added option to toggle blinking of time delimiter
- Added a third additional clock
- Added option to toggle day of week
- Added option to toggle year
- Added short/long date format
- Added additional date formats (MM/DD/YYYY, DD/MM/YYYY, etc)
- Added more color themes
- Added option to choose custom colors for background and foreground
- Added favorite links
- Added custom message
- Added DuckDuckGo search engine option
- Changed font used
- Updated layout
- Refactored code
- Multiple clocks! Add up to 2 additional clocks with different timezones with a customizable label
- Removed "Quick Links" feature due to performance issues. We will continue to look at this for a potential comeback.
- Complete overhaul of extension
- New Settings panel
- Customize everything!
- Quick link buttons (beta - not very resource friendly at the moment)
- More color options
- Switch between Google and Bing search
- Fixed theme options displaying as blank boxes on load
- Fixed midnight displaying as "0:00"
- Fixed font not rendering
- Misc back-end changes
- Initial release
Watch on GitHub